23 February 2009

In to The MAW!!!

Well I got involved in my first Fortress siege on Saturday night. It was around 1am when the call came out that we had the chance to take down the Chaos Fortress, The Maw.

Since I had just hit Rank 37 earlier in the week I could actually take part in this offencive. We ended up quickly destroying the gate as Order from all over the realm started showing up in insane numbers. The first floor breezed by as well as the second... then we hit a brick wall. As we tried to advance to the 3ed floor and the Lord, we hit the defending Destros choke point. They had situated themselves at the top of the stairs and rained pain down on anyone who tried to advance.
It was at this point that the lag also caught up to me. I was seeing our attemp to reach the third floor in a slide show fashion, which rendered me useless. It seemed that one second I was walking in an empty room, the next I was on the floor with a Garrison Chosen standing over me. To combat the lag I turned off all my allies and enemies names, titles, and guilds to no avail, it was almost painful.

We ended up not capturing the Fortress but I had an OK time trying. I don't mind the defeat, chalk it down to a learning experience. My bigger problem is the lag, I am starting to understand what all the fuss is about. Mythic has a good thing going with this game and I really enjoy it. All their new additions have been great, but I hope while they keep releasing these fun and innovative live events that are still diligently working on making mass battle oRvR a lot smother.

No comments:

Post a Comment